CAPPS DMIS offers the following add on modules:
|Pipe and Tube||AAT SPC||Blade and Airfoil|
|Dual Arm Operations||Temperature Compensation||Analog Scanning|
Design pipes, tubes, and bent rod from scratch, with no need to import CAD data! Simply create by entering your Y/B/C or X/Y/Z parameters that are compliant with manufacturing standards.
CAPPS Pipe & Tube module allows the user to reverse engineer from an actual pipe creating both design data and CAD. Visualize the design data in 3D graphics environment as parameters are being entered. Users can save design data and re-load for editing or re-measurement.
Generate measurement cycles with easy to follow user prompts. And align using best-fit, automatic datum descritptions, or use any coordinate system.
- Convert design data between Y/B/C to X/Y/Z automatically.
- Create graphical or text reports.
- Can measure pipe on any type of machine.
AAT offers statistical process control (SPC) for engineers to understand and monitor process variation through control charts. CAPPS processes these charts by plotting a product's quality variable over a period of time on a sequence plot.
The power of SPC control charts lies in its ability to separate two types of variation in a product's quality characteristic - (1) Variation due to assingnable causes and (2) random variation.
- Built into CAPPS DMIS environment.
- Real time SPC calculations.
- Easy to teach database.
- Interative data analysis.
- All SPC parameters calculated automatically.
- Gage R&R computations built in.
- Calculate measurement points and vectors from CAD models
- Measure curves and surfaces from CAD or reverse engineering
- Single point scanning or continuous scan with SP25 or REVO 5 Axis head
- Automatically calculate blade parameters
- Leading and Trailing radius and points
- Center lines
Dual arm machines are used to inspect large work pieces. Their modular design allows two CMM machines to be operated under one common WCS. CAPPS can configure dual arms as master and slave and store data in a shared location.
- Measure large or odd shaped parts
- Connect via computer network
- Easy configuration setup
- Share feature measurements between Master and Slave
- Ability to use each machine separately
CAPPS supports thermal compensation by using a Pico temperature sensor (but is capable of supporting a variety of other sensors). Readings from scales and inspection parts are adjusted based on the temperature sensor.
Users can control and see the affect of the compensation from the temperature page. As well as the many configuration settings available with this module. Temperature compensation can be used in either Online or Offline modes. Online mode using an actual sensor to get data and Offline mode using user settings to mimic behavoir of temperature changes (manual entry).
- Automatically calculate thermal compensation coefficients
- Easy to use manual interface
- Selectable material types
Analog Scanning uses continuous scanning of features for point cloud data. This process can be used for reverse engineering or surface data.
- Automatic DMIS command writing
- Easy to use GUI interface
- Surface scanning
- Confetti-type display of point data