CappsNC is the industry leader in CNC "In Process" metrology
CAPPS is one of the first CAD based online CMM software. AAT developed CAPPS to be an upwardly mobile metrology software with a strong graphics engine, complete CAD capability, a powerful programming language with DMIS and tree view structure as well as a flexible reporting environment. With over 20 years of evolution, CAPPS has been the leader in CAD based measurement software. AAT offers several products derived from the CAPPS system serving specific needs of customers.
CAPPS is available in 3 separate versions. Each designed to meet the particular needs of its users:
Makes any manufacturing machine similar to a CMM. Eliminates the need to move parts back and forth Achieves complete measurement, GD&T and complex coordinate systems requirements.
Works with DMIS standard measurement language on the software. Converts DMIS into machine tool G-Code program on the controller.
Measurement probes are integrated truly with the manufacturing system. All measurements are correlated with the cutting tools enabling precise measurements that can be used by the manufacturing cycle.
Generate programs offline with accurate virtual machine models. This enables automatic 'collision avoidance' as well as optimum multi axis motion paths.
Measurement results can be used immediately by the manufacturing cycle for work offset, tool compensation and other automation feedback. Enables manufacturing process and cutting processes to self adjust to changing parameters.
Measurement results are immediately calculated and displayed eliminating the need to wait for results for quick decision making. For automated cycles, there is no need for an operator to use the software.
- Help part work offset setup with 6 DOF before part cutting process.
- Creates complex coordinate systems similar to CMMs
- Automatically updates coordinates systems to controller work offsets
- Align parts to previous datums in multi op processes.
- NC-FIT can use multiple coordinate systems to adapt NC cutting programs to actual part location and shape
- Helps prepare cutting process
COMPLETE CMM STYLE MEASUREMENT REPORTS
- Program and run any machine tool to work like a CMM.
- DMIS programs compatible and exchangeable with CMMs.
- Generates complete measurement reports per ANSI and ISO standards.
- SPC option allows process control directly on the manufacturing systems.
- Reduces the dependence on an external CMMs.
- Provide a closed loop metrology feedback
- Help manufacture a part in automated manufacturing environment by changing manufacturing parameters based on measurement results
- Automatic update of any controller register based on DMIS program commands
- Automatic bi-directional feed of any part and program information between controller and software
MONITOR MACHINE PERFORMANCE
- Check machine geometry integrity by use of gages and measurement programs.
- Detect offset variation for multi axis systems and auto update on controller.
- Detect and track head offset changes, automatically calibrate and update.
- Custom and special gages can be used for different machine tool geometries
CAPPS NC ADVANCED
CappsNC Advanced is a single software license designed for the user that intends to program inspection cycles and capture measurement results on the shop floor, at the machine, using a single PC. Using CappsNC Advanced, users can both program offline and execute the measurement program directly from DMIS generating real time report and feedback with the NC Controller.about
We can help develop the best measurement strategy for your parts. Our CMM experts can help you resolve most challenging metrology questions, develop inspection plans and help you develop your measurement programs in native DMIS language for our CappsDMIS CMM software.
We offer machine commissioning to prepare your machine to perform accurate measurement tasks which will help your manufacturing cycle. We can develop part programs that will be integrated into your manufacturing cycle or executed by the operator. We can perform machine accuracy tests to make sure your machine works at the desired performance.
Our CappsNC and CappsDMIS offline programming systems can help you develop inspection plans, develop complete inspection programs and simulate to have the most confidence before using any time with the machine. With our virtual machine models and interactive simulation capabilities, we can help develop your programs before your parts are ready and your machine start manufacture them.
Our suite of software products and experienced engineers can help you design an automation cycle which includes dimensional measurement within the system. By interfacing the machine tools with measurement devices or with part moving devices such as robots, we can help you develop a completely automated and Adaptive Manufacturing system.
Our CappsNC ad CappsDMIS software have excellent reporting functions which can be automated to generate graphical, textual and SPC reports automatically. Measurement results from different sources and sites can be merged and assembled into a single report. Our DataView software can import measurement results in real time from various measurement devices and display in a simple view for quick assessment.
We offer training at customer site, at our site or over web customized for customer needs.
@aat3d In 1 Week AAT will be at JIMTOF 2018 in Tokyo at Booth E5038 in Hall 5. Come ask us about Industry 4.0 and what AAT… https://t.co/hH3wP4v4GP
@aat3d Last day of IMTS 2018. Come down to booth 135539 and discover what we can do for your quality assurance needs. See… https://t.co/QdYPRQU9ho
@aat3d Don't miss the "Digital Revolution in Manufacturing". Visit us at IMTS & learn about how we can help you automate y… https://t.co/juAEfttffv
@aat3d AAT showing analog scanning on Fanuc Robodrill with Renishaw Sprint probe. CMM level inspection on your machining c… https://t.co/5i7FzjlPzN
@aat3d AAT's Total Metrology Software solutions at IMTS 2018 - Adaptive Manufacturing with Metrology Feedback for CNC - Un… https://t.co/tTjMi5GgL3