Applied Automation Technologies, Inc is a world-recognized software company specializing in developing software products for metrology applications used in smart manufacturing and quality assurance.
We are seeking a Application Engineer to join our team in Rochester Hills, Michigan
The Application Engineer will be working with a group of engineers to support our CAPPS (Computer Aided Part Programming Software) suite of products to help with its testing, documentation, installation, training and technical support.
Job Description: Learn and become an expert in the CAPPS software suite of products.
Support AAT distribution network in the sales of the CAPPS. Perform installation, training, and support of the CAPPS software suite of products. Develop inspection programs in CAPPS. Troubleshoot both in-house and at customer location. Demonstrate capabilities of CAPPS to customers. Develop inspection programs based on customer supplied requirements. Travel required to support above listed responsibilities. Looking for someone with a professional demeanor, ability to articulate technical information and train customer base. Must be qualified to work with sensitive/secure data. The Application Engineer candidate must be self-motivated, able to work independently, or alongside our distribution network.
Essential Job Functions
- Competence in 3D Graphical Software environment, CAD/CAM/CAE
- Ability to offline program CMMs and NC machine tools to create measurement and laser scanning programs, programming GD&T, reporting and automation feedback.
- Knowledgeable of Geometric dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and ability to read part drawings.
- Customer site software installation and commissioning. Ability to work hands on with CMMs and Machine Tools
- Software update testing, trouble shooting and reporting to development team
- Customer application analysis and reporting
- Document detailed project-specific reports and process solutions
Communication & Presentation
- Communicate with customers to assist in their applications
- Conducting training classes
- Performing demonstrations and presentations
Educational requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or its foreign educational equivalent.
Experience requirements: 4 years of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation involving inspection, quality assurance, metrology, and GD&T. Knowledge of CNC machining a big plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to: