CappsNC Aerospace Applications
CappsNC Aerospace Applications.
Due to it’s ability to easily integrate with large custom machines including Drill & Trim machines, CappsNC is ideally suited for large scale aerospace manufacturing.
When working with composites for aircraft wing parts, the sheer size alone can make the part flexible and thus requires complex fixturing and lengthily setups before the part can be processed.
CappsNC with NC-Fit can greatly reduce the cost and complexity of fixturing and can reduce the time required to fixture a part by using CappsNC to measure the part before cutting and automatically modifying the cutting path to the actual measured part with NC-Fit and reposting the modified program.
Your machine tool can now perform double duty as a large scale machine tool and a CMM without removing the part from the fixture.
What is NC-Fit?
NC-FIT is a re-posting software that adapts 5-axis NC programs to part orientations and shapes
- Works directly with data generated by CappsNC
- CappsNC with NCFIT can simulate NC cutting programs for graphical verification
- Real time interface with laser scanners
- Can work with very large point cloud data
- Imports/Exports to standard file formats
- Extract geometry can be obtained from a point cloud
- Both curves and prismatic features can be extracted from a point cloud
- Actual measured point cloud data is compared to CAD data
- Multi-sensor systems are fully supported