CappsNC Laser & Analog Scanning
Laser and Analog Scanning
CappsNC Laser and Analog Scanning.
In some applications, reverse engineering of the actual part shape is necessary to create a custom cutting program. In this case, the measurement data collected by CappsNC, such as the point clouds or extracted curves and geometrical features generated from a laser line scanner or analog scanning probe can be exported to a CAM system to create a custom cutting program for the parts exact location and shape.
Other applications require high density point clouds to provide the necessary data density for detailed analysis.
- Laser sensor is integrated with the NC machine for point cloud data collection
- Automatic point cloud to CAD model comparison and profile error reports are created
- Geometric features, as well as curves, are calculated automatically for GD&T and profile reports
- Real time interface with laser scanners
- Can work with millions of points data
- Imports/Exports to standard file formats
- Extract geometry from point cloud
- Generate curves from point cloud data
- Compare a point cloud to CAD data
- Multi-sensor system