CappsNC - Surfer
CappsNC – Surfer
CappsNC – Surfer is on machine measurement and feedback software for die & mold applications.
With CappsNC – Surfer you can perform CMM style part measurement on machine Tools by programming from CAD models.
Measure surfaces by manually moving the probe to desired locations and comparing to CAD in real time.
CappsNC – Surfer includes advanced collision avoidance for all CAD and probe elements in the graphics to prevent probe crashes.
Automatic path generation for 2D features and surface points along a grid and sections.
Graphical reporting options with confetti and templates.
Programs can easily be developed offline and then connected to an NC machine for real time execution and reporting.
- Measurement of entities: POINT, CURVE, SURFACE, LINE, CIRCLE
- Automatic feature detection during manual measurement
- Constructions of geometric and user defined entities: BESTFIT, INTERSECT
- GD&T Options are not available on Surfer
Curve & Surface Options
- Create surface points along sections by cutting surface at body lines
- Grid Points Generation of U-V lines on surfaces
- Measure points on all or selected surfaces
- Generate nominal data for points or geometrical on surface models
- Create wireframe from surface data
- Generate data on surfaces at trim lines
- Alignment options: SETUP, TRANSLATE, ROTATE, SAVE, RECALL
- Advanced alignment options: 3-2-1, 3D Best-fit, RPS
- Apply alignment on CAD models
- Calibrate probes to calculate probe effective radius, runouts and lobing errors
- Create automatic calibrations for a grid of points on the master ball
- Create dedicated calibrations to best fit the measurement program.
- Options to work with Sprint scanning probes and Laser line scanners
Options - Not included in Standard Release
- Work offset compensation for XYZ and rotations of part alignment.
- Cutter tool compensation.
- 5 axis automatic indexing for the table or spindle.